Director, Bowthornes Ltd.
- Director, HorneCoaching
- Managing Director, Mediatheme
- Managing Director, Sodastream
- Interim pre/post merger KAM – Wilkinson Sword, Southcorp Wine
- Managing Director, Candyking
- Sales Director, Quaker Cereals
- KAM – Nutricia (Cow & Gate), L’Oreal, Allied Bakeries
Industry / Sector Focus:
- 20+ years sales, leadership and general management experience
- Benefits of management training including Cranfield School of Management and Scotwerk.
- SME/Start Up turnaround
- Certified Axiometric Analyst Coach – 1:1 and team dynamics
- PTLLS qualified for delivery of training in the Workplace
- Registered trainer for HABC (Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance)
- Registered trainer for the CIEH (Chartered Institute for Environmental Health)
- OCN qualified – Mediation in the Workplace
- Experienced Facilitator, Open Style
- Part time Interim sales assistance
Richard is an energetic leader and coach, passionate about people development in both business and sport.
With a business background in the FMCG world, Richard managed major UK and international customers for companies such as Allied Bakeries, L’Oreal and Cow & Gate. Following this period in sales and marketing, Richard managed the UK sales function at Quaker, realising his true motivation for people development in addition to bottom line delivery.
Having turned around a number of SME’s such as Sodastream, Mediatheme and others as MD, Richard decided to set up Horne Coaching in order to assist many companies from a retained or outsourced perspective, and allowing time to develop a parallel coaching career in sport.
In 2012, Bowthornes Ltd. was created, combining Horne Coaching and Fiona Horne Training, the latter specialising in accredited compliance learning. Customers can now ‘ensure the prosperity of their business through the support and development of their people’.
Managers’ / Clients’ Comments:
“I’ve known Richard for a while. He’s been a customer, a supplier and a friend. He recently presented at one of the BPMA’s regional events, to great acclaim from members. He has extensive experience in sales, marketing and general management. I have no hesitation in recommending him to you.”
Gordon Glenister Director General BPMA
“I enjoyed working closely with Richard for over four years at Mediatheme. He has a wide breadth of experience and skills, enabling him to provide strong leadership across all areas of a business. He is focused on and committed to delivering results. His integrity, interpersonal skills and ability to positively motivate people are second to none. I recommend him strongly.”
“I worked for Richard and also alongside him at different Companies. Richard would be an asset to any organisation. He’s a fast thinker, able to translate concepts into reality. He’s one of those rare guys that, along with ability and experience, use their charm and personality to get things done. Richard is detailed, fact orientated and comprehensive. With tremendous commercial experience you can be sure that Richard will deliver what’s asked of him. He would always made himself available and offered positive advise and help in many varied business situations. He has great attention to detail and looks for creative solutions to problems. Richard’s thoroughness, reliability and attention to detail were second to none. His management and team building skills were excellent, mentoring his junior managers into strong positions for promotion. A strategic thinker with strong relationships with his customers, he was respected by all. It was a pleasure to work with and for Richard”
“If you’ve jumped off a cliff and are trying to figure out how to fly before you hit the ground you should give Richard Horne a call.”