The Key Account Management Group supports managers and corporations around the world to grow profitable business with their most important customers. The Group draws on the knowledge, expertise and skills of a range of senior practitioners, consultants and academics to ensure our support is at the forefront of current thinking
We support corporations directly and work with business schools and universities to develop our thinking further. On this site you will find a range of free to access support material and skills training as well an overview for our most popular client support programmes.
Key Account Thinking
Free to access
Development & Support Programmes
Free to access
Useful revision material in basic skills before you start your key account development.
Client Support Programmes
Blended skills development provides the most flexible, time and cost effective approach to skills development for Account Managers.
This deck outlines the options and examples for individuals and teams.
- A world of high competition and margin pressure – focus on price and discounts
- Customers’ purchasing departments apparently aiming to commoditise their purchases and suppliers
- Suppliers trying to differentiate their overall offer, only part of which may be their products and services – but often relying too heavily on price and discounts
- Not all customers are equal – the effort applied to a customer must be matched by the potential opportunity for growth with that customer
- Both sides aiming to:
- Retain and increase business over the long term
- Maximise margins
- Drive down costs
- High-level commitment cannot only be one-way – it must become a two-way “strategic partnership” if it is to be sustainable
- The longevity and profitability of a “strategic partnership” are driven by the maturity of the relationship
Join the Team
Our team is composed of senior practitioners, consultants and academics. No one is employed – individuals are asked to join client projects as required. In addition to direct client support, we also teach at universities and business schools, conduct research, speak at industry conferences and publish
If you would like to join our team then please contact the Managing Partner with your CV/resume and a letter.
In the first instance please write to the Managing Partner – one of our team will contact you